DARN GIVES BACK
We strive to meet the needs of Bexley community children and families through the allocation of community resources, funding of camp scholarships, and engagement in policy-making efforts to assure these groups have access to necessary resources.
We meet many different needs as they arise, but most often, we provide assistance with the following:
- Scholarships for children to attend summer camp, enrichment and recreation programs
- School needs, such as assistance with school supplies, pictures, tutoring, transportation, pay to play fees for sports, musical instrument rental and field trip fees
- Clothing and/or furniture for families
- Assistance with utilities, as a stop-gap measure
- Bicycles, locks, helmets and bike licenses
- Food and gift cards at holidays and other times of need
- Connecting families with community services agencies for ongoing support
My little grandson and granddaughter would not get to have bikes if you did not give them to us. I use every penny to give them food, some clothes and the things they have to have at school. You are a blessing to me. Thanks.
~ DARN Recipient