Why Shop Hop?
a stunning marketplace with dozens of retailers
By supporting the Shop Hop, you are empowering local families in need. This annual event directly benefits Bexley Children and children in the surrounding communities by providing funding for the Jeffrey Summer Camp Scholarship program. The Shop Hop also provides critical dollars to help support community-area children and their families by delivering resources for essential needs such as winter coats, clothes, school supplies, medical needs and school-related fees.
As one parent put it, "You have given me the ability to slowly get back on my feet financially with dignity and allowed me to give my children a childhood free from worry."
- Shop Hop is the only event of its kind addressing these local needs.
- DARN and Bexley Shop Hop are 100 percent volunteer driven.
- We are growing! Attendance has been increasing every year, with 400+ guests walking through the door at each event.
- Even as we continue to grow, we struggle to keep up with the needs of the community.
- Shop Hop gives you a unique opportunity to make a direct impact on lives at a local level. The difference is very real and absolutely immediate.
DARN has partnered with Bexley Schools and Bexley Recreation since 2004. We are governed by a board that responds to requests from Bexley School Counselors, thus protecting our recipients' privacy and dignity.
Some of the work that DARN did in 2014-2015:
- Jeffrey Summer Camp scholarships for 18 children who would not otherwise have had a camp experience.
- Transportation for students to get to after school and summer academic support programs.
- Groceries over the summer and school breaks for 67 members of families who rely on free and reduced price lunches during the school year.
- Winter holiday gifts and food for 100 Bexley residents.
- Help for families who needed an extra boost with groceries, transportation or funeral expenses or school fees and supplies.